1.06.2010

To All the Cars I've Loved Before....

I loved this car the most, well not exatly this car, but pretty close. Mine might have had a couple of more shades of blue...

When I was 16 I bought this car from a buddy for a few bucks and sold some parts off of it right away to end up owning it for about $45. Then, with some persuasion from Jerry, I decided it was gonna be a bitchin' ride.

So, I told my apprehensive father about my plans and began to strip the old girl down. In the process Dad sourced out an old cop car and the beast had a heart once again! We spent a lot of time, disagreements and damn near fist fights building this car! It was the best time of my life. I learned more about relationships, cars and the analytical process from this deal than I could have learned from anything else.

In the end, we built a bitchin' car. I remember at one point, before it was done, I asked my Dad how fast he thought it was going to be and his exact words were "fast enough not tell your mother about it". That was VERY true. This thing was ugly as shit but faster than any ride in my high school; and it was HOME BUILT and Mommy and Daddy didn't buy it. So I was real proud of it.

I've sold a lot of cars and bikes in my time but I only sincerely regret letting this one go.

No comments:

Post a Comment