1.30.2011

Downtown Prophecies

I had an excellent conversation with a couple of buddies last night who are both doing some very cool things and have a very similar mindset to me as far as controlling your own destiny, getting out and creating the experiences you want in life. We talked a lot about how much more would be accomplished if people would take the steps they need to make their dreams come true; move to where they want to live, start the business they want to start, have the adventures they want to have, etc... I'm stoked and very fortunate to be surrounded by the people who are making change in the world by leading the kind of lives they want and desire for. One of the things that came up, and I think I've said it on here before, is that I don't ever want to be in a situation as an old man where I'm telling some young whipper-snapper a story about how I wanted to start  business, I wanted to ride across the country, I wanted to move here or there or whatever it might be.
Live the life you want to live, the life that makes you happy and go out and create those life experiences. It might be tough and scary but it is abundantly rewarding in the end. No one's life was ever drastically changed by going to the same bar and sitting on the same stool and telling the same story about what they plan to do. Get out and make it happen.
Anyways, that's my prophetic advice for the day...take it or leave it.
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment