10.13.2011

Occupy a job. Take care of your own.

Excuse me while I climb up on my soap box for a moment....

I'm sick of hearing about occupying this or that, sick of hearing what poor shape our government is in, sick of hearing who needs to be drug tested for what benefits and who is paying for who's what.

I think I found a solution: work. Quit relying on the government for so much and just go to work. Not only will this put money in your pocket to pay for your medical costs, college, housing, etc you will feel much better about yourself at the end of the day and in some way shape or form have provided a service to some one or some thing. Plus, some times you get a name tag or  vest to wear.

No, I don't believe the government should pay for everybody's college; yes, I do think the educational system sucks; yes, I do think law abiding citizens should have the right to arm themselves; yes, I do believe teachers, police officers and firefighters are grossly underpaid; no, I don't think we need to go through the expense of drug testing government assistance recipients (do you really believe that will stop drug addicts from benefiting off of the system?? they'll just find another way to make it work for them); yes, I am pro-life; yes, I do think that Sheriff Joe guy in Arizona is a nutcase. So, as you can see, I'm torn. I don't head to the right or left but what I do believe is everyone should just quit whining and grab your boot straps and pull. Go get a job, if you can't find one then make one (I'm an idiot and own two companies so anyone can do it) and just work. Those calluses on your hands and that tired feeling at the end of the day are a good thing.

Rely considerably less on "the man" and try to find a way to make the system work for you. Also, how many of you really care? How many of you are just following the pack and abiding by what you see on Facebook? Thinking for yourself is an integral part of my plan and unlike many of you, I will still believe in this in 6 months when you have all decided to attack the latest greatest problem and have forgotten all about occupying anything.

I'll climb down now so you can think to yourself how nonsensical this all is and call me names.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment