8.31.2010

The Meaning of Life

Well, no, not really. The meaning of "Live Young Die Fast" actually. Recently, seemingly with the advent of our new shirts, the meaning of the L.Y.D.F. was brought into question by a few people wondering why I switched the words around from the more popular "Live Fast Die Young".

Allow me to break it down for you. When I was pondering names for this blog and what would subsequently become a business venture I went through a ton of different ideas and falling short of what I really wanted to convey until one fateful day...(that sounds so dramatic in my head)I got some stupid email forward from a friend of mine and somewhere in it the phrase "Live Fast Die Young" was used. I kept looking at it and thinking that it sounds kind of cool but really didn't make any sense for me personally. I don't wanna die young, I wanna live to be super old and call kids whipper-snappers and take their baseballs when they land in my yard. Plus, I feel like I've already done quite a bit of fast livin' and frankly, all it got me was a lot of hard learned lessons and hard times. The more I thought about it the more I felt the two words should be switched around. For me it makes perfect sense, I think that "growing up" can really negatively affect a person. I like the idea of always staying young, (cue Peter Pan reference) at least at heart. Of course we all have to grow older, pay bills, go to work, be responsible, yada yada yada, but that's no excuse to lose your inner child. It just seems that kids are happy so often and are so light-hearted and carefree because they're not caught up in the troubles of the world. That's exactly how I intend to live my life (and you can't tell me what to do cuz you're not the boss of me, neener neener neener). As far as the dying fast part, I guess that it just goes along with switching the words around, and not to sound morbid or anything, but I hope that when the grim reaper comes looking for me it comes swiftly.

So there you have it, now quit asking and get your credit cards out because the L.Y.D.F. storefront is coming soon! This young livin' and fast dying shit ain't free ya know.

Say hello to your mother for me,

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment