8.08.2010

Today is a sad day for me

After roughly 20 years of loyal service keeping me warm and comfortable nearly every night, it's time to retire my quilt. It's obviously seen better days as its now full of holes and stuff is falling out of it but I really don't want to put it away. My Grandma, who has since passed away, made this quilt for me when I was a little kid and its easily the most comfortable and comforting quilt in the world as it reminds me a lot of her. People have been telling me that I should retire it for years now but I've refused, even sending it to my aunt in Iowa at one point for some repairs. I've decided though that if I don't retire it now it will get much worse very quickly and I won't have a quilt at all.

R.I.P. Quilt
1990-2010
Thank you for your years of warmth and comfort.

As you can see, I'm quite distraught about this whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment