3.31.2014

Hello from NOLA

Sam here. I just wanted to write a little introduction and thank Jon for asking me to be part of LYDF. I'm from Milaca, MN and currently reside just north of New Orleans. The motorcycle obsession started when I bought a 78 xs650 from Handsome Troy and has evolved into something that is a huge part of my day to day life. When I came to New Orleans about a year and a half ago I met a few people that shared the passion for bikes, specifically vintage machines, but there was no network in place to bring riders and wrenches together. A good buddy JZ and myself decided that instead of bitching about it we would try to create something. We started the Crescent City Vintage Motorcycle Club and started hosting monthly bike nights. After a slow start it has grown into something larger than we ever could have imagined. We just finished co-hosting a swap meet and bike show that coincided with the AHRMA and Thruxton Cup circuit. It was great for the first year and with the help of the amazing people at Triumph, Barber, Dime City Cycles and all the local support it is going to grow quickly. Start planning your vacations for next year. 

A lot of exciting things are happening here and I look forward to sharing what is going on in this neck of the woods with you folks.



No comments:

Post a Comment